refer to supernatural appearances of heavenly persons (e.g. Jesus Christ, the
Blessed Virgin Mary, the Angels, the Saints).
regarding apparitions include...
* Most alleged apparitions are false
* Apparitions may not add to the deposit of the faith,
which was completed with the apostles
* Misplaced belief in false apparitions may be dangerous
* Information from apparitions is not required for
* Apparitions require careful discernment
* Unexplained "phenomena" do not guarantee authenticity of
* Even saints have been wrong in interpreting visions
* Persons should not center their faith around an
* The Church is unable to guarantee the authenticity of any
apparition with "absolute certainty"
Reminder: We make no guarantee whatsoever regarding any item herein. Items herein may be the opinions of their authors and do not necessarily reflect our views.
All applicable items may be subject to change at any time without notice. Utilize any link(s) appearing on this page at your own risk.
For more terms information, see "Important Notice" below.